Permanent, part-time, immediate opening
St. Peter’s Cathedral in Helena, Montana, a growing congregation in the Diocese of Montana, is seeking a dedicated, faithful person to oversee and expand our music program and aid our congregation in drawing near to God within our worship through a broad expression of music.
An ideal candidate will have the following gifts and experience:
1. A degree in music or equivalent experience.
2. Self-starter, well organized, and dedicated to providing a high quality and expanding music program that invites our worshiping community to embrace God in joy.
3. An understanding and working knowledge of liturgical worship.
4. An ability to work collaboratively in a team environment in order to support the overall mission of St. Peter’s. All staff members report to and work under the supervision and direction of the Dean, unless otherwise arranged by the Dean.
5. Strong gift of leadership and teaching with a personality that uplifts, inspires, and encourages those who serve God in St. Peter’s music ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide music at all Sunday morning services and other special services throughout the year. (special services include, but are not limited to, Advent, Christmas Eve, Lent, Holy Week, Saturday Easter Vigil).
2. Plan, coordinate, and implement music for Sunday liturgies (including the pointing of psalms) and other special worship and provide guidance and music for wedding and funeral liturgies.
3. Recruit, train, nurture, and support members of the choir from the congregation.
4. Hold regularly scheduled rehearsals of the music to be used in worship.
5. Schedule supply organist, as needed, when unable to be present at assigned worship services.
6. Maintain ongoing professional development.
7. Manage the music budget.
This is a part-time position that is scheduled for 20 hours per week. Compensation will be appropriate to level of experience and budgetary allocations.
Organist only applicants with the desire to develop into the Director of Music responsibilities will be considered.
Please send resumes to St. Peter’s Episcopal Cathedral, P.O. Box 819, Helena, MT 59624 or Dean@stpeterscathedral.net